I would like to share a few of the notes I recorded during Relief Society lesson this morning. The topic of Repentance was presented by Liz Lambert, a new gal in our ward- yup even newer than me.
What I recorded in my spiritual journal were comments shared by sisters in the class. One of these days I will actually know the names of each of these gals. Hopefully that doesn't take me fifteen years cause I'm not sure all of these girls have that many years left. I love these ladies because with all their wisdom and life experience comes the ability to laugh at life itself. Their testimonies of Christ and their faith in the gospel they strive to live each day shows in their faces and in the endless service and love they give.
Here is a summary (in my words) of bits of knowledge and testimony shared during RS meeting today.
- The commandment to forgive is one commandment which the promised blessing comes very quickly. The peace comes completely and quickly to the one who truly forgives in their heart. (I have experienced this one many times for myself.)
- Having a constant state of forgiveness makes it so others have no power over you. (think of the feelings you harbor or the poor choices you have made when you have allowed someone's wrong towards you overcome your thoughts.)
- Christ has already paid the price for that sin against you- He asks that YOU forgive.
- Not forgiving yourself is a tool Satan uses against us in attempting to make us miserable like unto himself.
- Forgiveness equals Freedom